AEW has announced that an AEW Interim World Championship Eliminator Series bout will take place at NJPW Dominion.
Following CM Punk’s injury announcement on AEW Rampage, it was revealed that on next week’s Dynamite, Jon Moxley will face the winner of that night’s battle royal to determine the AEW star who will compete for the interim AEW World Title at Forbidden Door.
AEW has now stated that their opponent will be decided on June 12, when Hiroshi Tanahashi takes on Hirooki Goto.
This process of determining a new interim champ has been branded the ‘AEW Interim World Championship Eliminator Series’, ahead of the final title bout at the June 26 crossover show.
AEW shared a statement on Twitter, which you can read below:
#AEWDynamite #NJPWDominion#ForbiddenDoor @AEW @AEWonTV @TBSNetwork @njpwworld @njpw1972 @njpwglobal pic.twitter.com/2EVTOfnFHh
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) June 4, 2022
Check out the full card for NJPW Dominion on June 11 right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return