Per TMZ, the domestic violence case against AEW star Jake Atlas (real name Kenny Marquez) has been dropped.
The report notes that court documents filed last week show that the charges were dropped after officials determined that the case was ‘not suitable for prosecution.’
Court records also reveal that the arraignment hearing in the case slated for Tuesday (June 28) was canceled, with the case considered closed.
Marquez was arrested on May 23 and and charged with domestic violence battery his partner. Police documents note that officers responded to a domestic violence call at Atlas’ home at 12:57am, with Atlas allegedly becoming physically aggressive with his partner following a verbal argument. You can read more on the May 23 police report right here.
Atlas has been out of action with a torn ACL after picking up the injury in January during a Rampage taping. A recent report noted that Altas isn’t expected back in AEW.
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- AEW Star Dealing With Double Vision Issues
- Backstage Update On Randy Orton’s WWE Contract