A WWE Hall of Famer has revealed why he thinks that Tony Khan is “one of the best men” he’s ever met in a recent interview.
Jake “The Snake” Roberts had previously discussed being in “pretty rough shape” where he needed an oxygen tank for nearly a year and a half.
Speaking Steve Fall for WrestlingNews.co, Roberts revealed his appreciation of AEW and Tony Khan, saying:
“I was still trying to carry on, you know, having to use the machine (oxygen tank), but I was wanting to carry on with it, but they didn’t want me to go out to the ring with that.
“That was the whole thing and I respect them for that. It’s not like they sh*t canned me and told me to take a hike.
“They still took care of me and AEW is just wonderful to work for. They really, really are, and Tony Khan is one of the best men I’ve ever met.”
Robert returned to AEW television in February 2023 and has also adopted a backstage coaching role to help talent develop their characters.
Transcript from WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown