A top AEW star’s return match has been announced following a period of uncertainty for the performer in question.
As previously reported, Jamie Hayter had been absent from AEW television for a short period, with visa issues being the underlying cause.
As Dave Meltzer had previously stated:
“All of the foreign talent in WWE from time to time, they might disappear for a couple of weeks every couple of years for this.”
Meltzer did confirm that the situation was now all worked out, with Hayter able to return to the United States and, importantly, AEW television.
Tony Khan has now confirmed Hayter’s return date announcing that the AEW Women’s World Champion will face Riho on the April 5 episode of AEW Dynamite.
Next Wednesday, 4/5@UBSArena New York
Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite
AEW Women's World Championship@jmehytr vs Riho
As announced by @theDaddyMagic/@PaulWight, red hot former World Champion Riho will fight the current champion, dominant Jamie Hayter next week in New York on TBS! pic.twitter.com/x3ajNFtnvC
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 28, 2023
Jamie Hayter was among the names that KAIRI recently said she would want to face while discussing her free agent status in a recent interview.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?