An AEW name has revealed that there had been conversations, albeit not substantial ones, with a former WCW star and Impact Wrestling.
AEW’s Director of Business Development Jeff Jarrett addressed plans for Goldberg on his My World podcast (subscription required), speaking to Conrad Thompson.
Jarrett would explain that whilst there had been conversations, he kept a promoter’s mindset on the whole situation.
He would explain:
“Dixie [Carter] had a lunch with him several years later that I think you could classify on Dixie’s part for sure, substantially. I don’t think on Bill’s part.”
Jarrett would go on to explain that Goldberg was in a fortunate position in wrestling, saying:
“Bill made a lot of money in WCW and made a lot of money at WWE. Bill’s a businessman first and foremost.
“I never viewed any of the conversations with Bill as substantial strictly off of there isn’t enough money for Bill to come.”
Goldberg has been a regular fixture in WWE since 2003, last appearing for the company at Elimination Chamber in 2022.
The status of Goldberg’s WWE contract was the cause of some confusion recently, though Goldberg had stated, in October 2022, that his “contract ends in two months” suggesting he could be a free agent in 2023.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- NXT Stars Make WWE Main Roster Debuts At Raw