A new report states that AEW is working to re-sign three of their major stars as their details expire this year.
An update has been revealed the news for both the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega as their current deals come to an end soon.
The contract status of The Elite’s Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks has been a point of discussion with recent reports of the current AEW World Trios Champions’ deals coming up soon.
With Omega reportedly expected to have substantial injury time that “could be” added to his contract and the Young Bucks teasing a move away from AEW recently, interest in the contract status of The Elite has been high.
Now, Dave Meltzer has provided an update to the story in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required).
Meltzer writes that:
“AEW is working on signing the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega to new long-term deals well before they become free agents.”
It was recently revealed that Brian Cage is interested in being a free agent, with WWE having an interest in the AEW star.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off