An AEW star who joined the company in April 2019 and recently left has left some backstage “sad” at their departure.
It was recently revealed that, on May 1, 2023, Leva Bates and AEW had parted ways.
Bates made her AEW debut at the 2019 Fyter Fest and was a much-loved member of the company’s roster, as noted by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
In the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Meltzer writes:
“Leva Bates’ contract expired and wasn’t renewed. She had not been wrestling much, but had worked in a lot of capacities including community relations, the AEW Heels group, did a lot of things backstage and worked in media and communications as a liaison.
“She had been one of the first female signings of the promotion doing the love interest librarian deal with Peter Avalon.
“There were a number of people sad with this news as she was very well liked.”
Behind the scenes, Bates assisted the former Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes among many roles that she fulfilled.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023