Just when you thought AEW’s luck with injuries was starting to turn, with the news Kenny Omega is returning soon, we get the news that Young Bucks star Matt Jackson is likely set to miss a few weeks of TV through injury.
As reported in last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jackson suffered a stinger in the AEW tag title triple threat match, which saw Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland crowned new champions, and an update in this week’s Newsletter notes that while his condition has improved, it will likely be some time before he’s able to wrestle again.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
Matt Jackson is doing a lot better since his stinger from early in the 7/13 tag title change. He described it as like bad whiplash. He’s had no loss of strength, and his mobility and range of motion is already back to normal. He passed a strength test right after the injury so major concerns about the injury were alleviated quickly. But he was very sore and it may be a few weeks before he’s back in the ring.
The reported plan going forward is for Kenny Omega to return and immediately start a trios feud, which many expect to be him teaming with the Young Bucks, so hopefully Matt is fully fit before then so plans don’t have to change again.
To keep up with all the AEW injuries, you can use our injury tracker right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?