AEW Executive Vice President Matt Jackson has reportedly suffered a legitimate injury and is expected to be out of action for a while.
According to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio, Jackson suffered the injury – said to be a partially torn bicep – early on in the three-way trios match in Winnipeg on March 15 between the Elite, the Jericho Appreciation Society, and the House of Black.
A week later, so last week, AEW Dynamite began with the Young Bucks – Matt and Nick Jackson – being taken away in an ambulance after seemingly being attacked by the Blackpool Combat Club.
It seems like not only was this part of the ongoing storyline involving Kenny Omega and Adam Page, but there was actually a legitimate reason for the Bucks, Matt specifically, to be written off TV.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer added:
“What I heard is that he opted to not get surgery, so he’s hopeful of being back quicker. Surgery you’re probably looking at seven months.
“The deal that they did on last week’s show with the ambulance and everything, we all thought it was this brilliant show-long storyline, and it worked, but the reason they did it was to cover for Matt being gone for a while.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
During last week’s show, Don Callis hinted at the Bucks being out of action for “a few months”.
We’ll keep you posted if there are any further updates.
This Wednesday, 3/29
St. Louis, MO
Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite
Live on TBS
IWGP US Heavyweight Title Match@KennyOmegamanX
The amazing Kenny Omega defends the IWGP US Title vs. Jeff Cobb, who aims to bring the belt back to United Empire, THIS WEDNESDAY on TBS! pic.twitter.com/n4NkonzElE
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) March 28, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him