New AEW SVP & Co-Executive Producer Michael Mansury has discussed his relationship with WWE EVP of Television Production Kevin Dunn.
Kevin Dunn is largely responsible for how the current WWE product looks and feels.
For a while, some in WWE expected Michael Mansury to become Dunn’s WWE successor, with Mansury serving as WWE’s Vice President of Global Television Production prior to his 2020 departure.
Speaking on the The Sessions podcast, Mansury noted that he became close with Dunn during his WWE tenure.
“Kevin was one of those people right at the top of WWE that had taken notice of me at a very young age. That relationship only just grew, and he was pretty aware of what I wanted to do, the drive that I had.
“Kevin and I had a great relationship and even extended beyond work to a personal relationship, I wouldn’t call it a traditional mentor-mentee sort of deal because he’s a busy dude.
“So a lot of what he did, you had to learn by his example.”
Mansury officially joined AEW earlier this month and currently serves as the promotion’s Senior Vice President & Co-Executive Producer.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm