AEW star Michael Nakazawa has fuelled speculation with a cryptic post shared to Twitter.
Nakazawa hasn’t wrestled for AEW in the US since February. His most recent match for the company took place in September at the Tokyo Game Show 2022.
In a recent tweet, Nakazawa noted that the mission that he was in Japan for has now been accomplished.
Looking forward to the future, Nakazawa wrote:
“I will leave Japan in 12 hours. The mission I came to Japan for has been all completed.
“Let’s wait to see what happens.”
It is currently unclear what Nakazawa’s mission was, but that hasn’t stopped fans from sharing predictions about the futures of both Nakazawa, and the promotion of AEW.
Some have speculated that Nakazawa’s ‘mission’ involved Kota Ibushi. The former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion recently confirmed that his NJPW contract expires soon.
Ibushi has previously indicated that he wants to wrestle for AEW at least once, so some have theorised that Nakazawa was in talks with Ibushi regarding an AEW debut.
While Ibushi likely wouldn’t be able to discuss a new contract right now, as he is still under contract with NJPW, Ibushi could appear for AEW while with NJPW, with the two promotions’ ongoing partnership.
Ibushi has been out of action recovering from a shoulder injury since October 2021.
Since AEW Dynamite and Rampage have been streaming on NJPW World, Nakazawa has notably had role of adding Japanese subtitles to the shows.
While he hasn’t wrestled for AEW regularly since May 2021, Nakazawa did appear on TV most weeks throughout Kenny Omega’s AEW World Title reign.
I will leave Japan in 12 hours. The mission I came to Japan for has been all completed. Let's wait to see what happens.
— Michael Nakazawa (@MichaelNakazawa) December 6, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Sami Zayn Vs. Roman Reigns Plans Revealed After Royal Rumble
- Video: What Happened With Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens After WWE Royal Rumble?
- WWE Bringing Back Classic Title Belt Design?
- Update On Kenny Omega’s Health
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Where Was The Rock During WWE Royal Rumble?
- Photo: WWE Star Shows Off Gruesome Royal Rumble Injury
- Former Women’s Champion ‘So Down’ For Intercontinental Title Shot
- Sami Zayn Discusses Triple H Contributions To Bloodline Storyline
- AEW Star Reacts To WWE Royal Rumble Backstage Photo