Miro hasn’t been seen on AEW television since September 2022, but remains under contract to the company for quite some time yet.
It had previously been reported that Miro had signed a “four-year extension a year or so ago”.
Dave Meltzer has provided further clarity on the amount of time Miro has left in Tony Khan’s company.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Meltzer states:
“Fightful reported Miro and wife C.J. Perry (Lana) have been in Bulgaria for a month.
“Tony Khan had pitched an idea for him in September for Full Gear. One thing he turned down was losing a Battle Royal where he and Adam Page would have been the last two.
“Khan had said that after the PPV they’d try and get back and obviously his name hasn’t been mentioned since.
“He has about three years left on his contract.”
Meltzer had previously reported that ideas were presented to Miro in September to run through to Full Gear but he “wasn’t down with them.”
Miro had, by contrast, stated that he was “doing everything” that he can and was “waiting for the opportunity” to make his in-ring return.
He recently revealed that he is providing his voice to an HBO Max animated short film.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler