WWE announced on January 7 that current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James would be an entrant in the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble, officially opening a ‘Forbidden Door’ of sorts for WWE.
IMPACT Wrestling has seen stars from AEW and NJPW enter the company through the Forbidden Door, leading to speculation that James could walk through the door on AEW Dynamite.
However, per Mickie herself when speaking to Ariel Helwani, AEW never reached out to Mickie to make an appearance on the show.
“I never was like, technically reached out by AEW. I think they all knew that I was going to work with my husband at NWA. And I really wanted to do this women’s show. (…) My history with Impact too. (…) even with Empowerrr, I was able to kind of bridge some of those gaps and make relationships happen.”
James is set to be a part of the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match. You can see a full list of entrants here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence