All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has officially announced it is heading to New York for the first time with a special show in September.
Tony Khan made the announcement that the September 22 show will be held at the Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens 22 during WFAN Sports Radio.
“It’s one of the most iconic sporting venues. Every seat is a great seat. It’s going to be a tremendous crowd and very accessible. In terms of seating and capacity, I couldn’t find a better venue. It’s never hosted a wrestling event. It’s non-traditional, but I think a tennis stadium sets up beautifully and this happens to be the greatest tennis stadium in the greatest city. Hopefully, it starts a great tradition for AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam.”
AEW Dynamite will also be heading to the Prudential Center a week earlier on September 15, which is the venue the original Blood & Guts was supposed to take place.
Quote via Fightful
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- Ronda Rousey AEW Status Update Following ROH Debut
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick