Last night, Matt Hardy announced he was a free agent after his contract with WWE expired without him agreeing to sign a new one.
For months people have assumed that the next stop on Hardy’s wrestling journey would be AEW, probably being revealed as the Exalted One, the leader of the Dark Order.
Hardy’s past Broken character would appear to be a good fit for this role, and while some aren’t too keen on the idea, AEW has added a bit more fuel to the fire.
Shortly after Hardy’s announcement, the official AEW account tweeted this:
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 2, 2020
This would suggest that the leader of the Dark Order will be revealed on this week’s episode of AEW: Dynamite, and as Hardy no longer works for WWE, it could very easily be him.
Eagle-eyed tweeters noticed that it says “sitting in a dead tree” within the large white words in the tweeted image, but no-one seems to know what that means.
If Hardy does debut, he will likely be the first of two major former WWE stars debuting for AEW this month, as it is believed that Luke Harper, now known as Brodie Lee, will also make his debut on the March 18 episode of Dynamite, as it’s in his hometown.
Hardy certainly hasn’t ruled out a move to AEW, so we’ll have to see this Wednesday whether the Broken Universe is about to go All Elite.
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish