All Elite Wrestling (AEW) Executive Vice President and current TNT Champion Cody has reacted to the promotion performing better than WWE in the UK.
ITV broadcasts Dynamite on both its main channel and ITV4, which are both readily available to everyone in the country. WWE’s shows are broadcast on BT Sport which is a paid subscription service and therefore a lot less people have it.
AEW published a graphic boasting the following:
- AEW Dynamite is beating the first-run broadcast of all its competitors in the UK for audience volume
- Dynamite’s audience is over 5 times that of NXT, double that of SmackDown and almost double of Raw
- It is also double the audience of Impact Wrestling, which had been airing in the same slot as Dynamite and also on a free-to-air channel
- Dynamite benefits from reaching considerably more people than any of its competitors
- Full episodes of Dynamite on ITV4 have reached 2.8m people, based on 5+ consecutive minutes of viewing
- In its first year AEW programming on ITV channels reached 6.7m people, based on them having at least 5 consecutive minutes of viewing
Cody tweeted the following in response:
This is some really positive/staggering data & research about our friends across the pond!
Thanks to our incredible fans for such a successful first year of #AEWDynamite
(we can’t wait to take the team over and wrestle there)
It’s been revealed previously that the promotion originally wanted Fyter Fest to be in the UK this year, but then the COVID-19 pandemic struck and it couldn’t happen.