The NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 match between Will Ospreay and Kenny Omega has received high praise and a rematch seems to be in the cards.
Recent reports have stated that the match wasn’t designed to be one-and-done, with both men having “held back“.
Whilst Ospreay may have lost the IWGP United States Championship to Kenny Omega, it’s still seen as a virtuoso performance from Ospreay, garnering a high-star rating from Dave Meltzer.
With eyes set firmly on the rematch, Renee Paquette addressed the encounter on The Sessions, saying:
“Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay, they just tore that place a new b-hole.
“Was this a passing of the torch or was this just two competitors? — there’s an age gap between the two of them, but Kenny is very much so still in his prime.”
Omega turns forty in October 2023, whilst Ospreay turns 30 in May this year.
After declaring, following their intense press conference, that Ospreay is “not afraid to run his mouth”, Paquette would look at the possibility of the Ospreay/Omega rematch taking place in AEW, concluding:
“Oh my God, that would be so cool [to see them in a rematch].”
The Young Bucks recently revealed that they were asked to be in Kenny Omega’s corner at Wrestle Kingdom 17 but had already made other plans.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours