Former AEW Women’s Champion Hikaru Shida has confirmed that she returned to Japan following Wednesday’s (January 12) Dynamite.
On the show, Serena Deeb brutalised Shida’s knee before their scheduled match. Deeb won the match via referee stoppage, with Shida refusing to submit to her opponent’s submission hold.
Sharing a photo of her getting her knee looked at by an AEW doctor, Shida revealed that she is leaving the US for a while, tweeting:
“I’m so sorry that the last match before I go back to Japan had to end like that. I had a lot of things I wanted to do in Japan, but now I will rest my leg as much as I can. . I’LL BE BACK.”
I’m so sorry that the last match before I go back to Japan had to end like that.
I had a lot of things I wanted to do in Japan, but now I will rest my leg as much as I can.
I’LL BE BACK.
.#AEWDynamite #AEW #AEW pic.twitter.com/MJ5grpezTU
— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) January 13, 2022
It is unknown when Shida will return to the US, or AEW TV. The former AEW Women’s Champion was previously announced for the Makai Genesis ReBoot show on February 4.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for the year at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite