Former AEW Women’s Champion Hikaru Shida has confirmed that she returned to Japan following Wednesday’s (January 12) Dynamite.
On the show, Serena Deeb brutalised Shida’s knee before their scheduled match. Deeb won the match via referee stoppage, with Shida refusing to submit to her opponent’s submission hold.
Sharing a photo of her getting her knee looked at by an AEW doctor, Shida revealed that she is leaving the US for a while, tweeting:
“I’m so sorry that the last match before I go back to Japan had to end like that. I had a lot of things I wanted to do in Japan, but now I will rest my leg as much as I can. . I’LL BE BACK.”
I’m so sorry that the last match before I go back to Japan had to end like that.
I had a lot of things I wanted to do in Japan, but now I will rest my leg as much as I can.
I’LL BE BACK.
.#AEWDynamite #AEW #AEW pic.twitter.com/MJ5grpezTU
— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) January 13, 2022
It is unknown when Shida will return to the US, or AEW TV. The former AEW Women’s Champion was previously announced for the Makai Genesis ReBoot show on February 4.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for the year at this link.
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Nikkita Lyons Pulled From NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Due To Injury
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Fabian Aichner Appears To Be Getting A New Gimmick