An estimate of the AEW Revolution pay-per-view buyrate indicates that last week’s event was likely the second biggest show in AEW history.
In the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer projected that the event most likely had between 146,00 – 170,000 pay-per-view buys, which would put it just behind AEW All Out 2021, which had a buyrate of 205,000. AEW Full Gear 2021 in November had 145,000 pay-per-view buys.
“The basic gist is that at a low point, it would be about 146,000 (PPV buys). It could be as high as 165/170,000 depending on how the traditional PPV numbers go, so it’s gonna be likely the second biggest in the history of the company. It might be the third biggest. It will beat last year which is interesting, and this year they didn’t have that, but this year was a really deep show.
“I think one thing is that a lot of people talk about Adam Page is a lacklustre champion and this was his first title defence on PPV and granted you did have a deep show but historically when it comes to wrestling it’s the main event that means more than a deep show.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
On the show, four titles were defended, including the AEW World Championship, with Hangman Page defeating Adam Cole in the main event of the pay-per-view. You can read our live results for AEW Revolution right here.
You can view every confirmed AEW pay-per-view buyrate figure at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring