Dave Meltzer has seemingly spoiled the plans that AEW has for the next few months of television, as well as the likely main event for the Revolution pay-per-view event in February 2021.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer noted that Jon Moxley is expected to challenge Kenny Omega for the AEW World Championship that he dropped on the “Winter is Coming” show this week.
It was Moxley’s first singles loss since the company started, and it appears the idea is Moxley trying to get back the title for the company and sets up in theory a bigger match for the Revolution PPV on 2/27.
At this time, it is unclear whether or not Jon Moxley is going to reclaim the AEW World Champion early next year from Kenny Omega, but it is certainly more likely that Omega retains in his first PPV defence.
Some have speculated that one year after their first singles match at Full Gear this year, AEW is going to have Hangman Page defeat Kenny Omega at Full Gear next year and win the title, although this is just speculation and certainly not a report.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39