Tonight at AEW Revolution, Brian Cage and Ricky Starks are set to take on TNT Champion Darby Allin and Sting in a Street Fight. It has been reported that the match was going to be broadcast in a cinematic manner.
Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated has posted a series of tweets, firstly reporting that the match has already been filmed was a huge success. He also said that the match ensured Sting could work in “as safe an environment as possible”
AEW Revolution note: The Team Taz-Darby Allin/Sting street fight was filmed ahead of time and is said to be a massive success
The match highlights Sting while ensuring he worked in as safe of an environment as possible; allowed Ricky Starks and Brian Cage to have some star-making moments; and gave Darby Allin – who had a chance to apply his film school background – more chances to be a daredevil
n this case, there is no denying that WWE’s loss is AEW’s gain. The failure to use the legendary Sting in a similar role, especially after proving in 2014 and ‘15 that he was still a legitimate attraction, is a considerable blunder for Vince McMahon.
Darby Allin is set to defend his TNT Championship next week on AEW Dynamite against the winner of the ‘Face of the Revolution’ ladder match, with the sixth entrant in that match said to have a new AEW signing.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors