An AEW star is reportedly taking some time off due to being “banged up” and recovering from some mounting injury issues.
On April 7, the Lucha Bros defended and retained the ROH World Tag Team Championship against the team of TNT Champion Powerhouse Hobbs and QT Marshall at Battle of the Belts.
Unfortunately, it sounds like not all four men made it out of that match unscathed.
According to PWInsider Elite (via SEScoops), Rey Fenix was hurting after the match and the decision was made to give him time off to rest.
There was no word on what the specific injury is other than a source believing it may be his hip.
Fenix was absent from last night’s AAA TripleMania 31 show in Monterrey, Mexico.
We wish Rey Fenix all the best in his recovery.
#LuchaBrothers risking it all for the victory!@PENTAELZEROM @ReyFenixMx
Watch #AEWBOTB6 LIVE on TNT! pic.twitter.com/uoewotc8Wh
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) April 8, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced