Former FTW Champion Ricky Starks has weighed in on the ‘four pillars of AEW’ concept, believing that we’re now beyond pillar talk.
Following the birth of AEW in 2019, MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara were acknowledged as the ‘four pillars’ of the company, with each being a young star having the potential to lead AEW into the future.
While some have argued that Ricky Starks should be the fifth pillar, Starks has now revealed that he’d prefer to stand alone.
Replying to a Twitter user who argued that Starks should be a name included in the pillar conversation, Starks tweeted:
“Sorry, I don’t wish to be involved in any pillar talk. We’re way past that convo. You can leave it to those guys to be enclosed by those definitions I’m stand alone. Island supporting himself.”
Starks most recently wrestled at Rampage: Grand Slam, defeating Powerhouse Hobbs in a ‘Lights Out’ unsanctioned match. Hobbs had previously beaten the former FTW Champion at All Out earlier this month.
Stay up to date with every AEW star’s win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- Former AEW Star Set To Return For February 24 Collision