The viewership figures for Wednesday’s AEW Road Rager special, featuring the debut of Aleister (Malakai) Black, have been revealed.
This week’s special episode of Dynamite marked AEW’s return to the road. Despite this, viewership for the July 7 show was reportedly down.
As per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, the show drew an average of 871,000 viewers. This is down from the 883,000 viewers who tuned in to last week’s (June 30) episode of Dynamite.
In the all-important 18-49 demographic, it was reported that the show drew 422,000 viewers, which roughly equates to a 0.33 rating. This was marginally lower than last week’s (approximate) 0.35 rating.
At AEW Road Rager, Aleister Black (now Malakai Black) attacked Cody Rhodes and Arn Anderson. Black has officially signed with AEW following his WWE release last month.
Andrade made his in-ring debut for the promotion, pinning Matt Sydal in under 8 minutes. In the main event of the show, The Young Bucks defeated Eddie Kingston and Penta El Zero M to retain their AEW Tag Team Championship.
On July 14, AEW will host the first night of Fyter Fest 2021. On the show, Jon Moxley will return to action, set to defend his IWGP US Championship. You can check out the rest of the card here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE Name Demands An Apology From The Rock