AEW could be in line for a major crossover show planned for Arena Mexico if a top NJPW star gets their way.
Rocky Romero is currently signed to NJPW and has made his presence felt in CMLL, Impact Wrestling and AEW.
With his influence across multiple companies, Romero has a vision to bring multiple wrestling worlds together and for that to take place at the 16,500 seat Arena Mexico in Mexico City.
Dave Meltzer addressed the plan in the current Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), writing:
“Romero is pushing the idea for a show in Arena Mexico featuring talent from CMLL, New Japan AEW, Impact and indies.”
Romero is a three-time CMLL World Super Lightweight Champion, an IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion and an NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion.
He’s an eight-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion and the current NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship.
He was also the fourth wrestler to bear the name Black Tiger.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time