Sammy Guevara was reportedly injured during his TNT Championship ladder match on Wednesday’s (April 27) AEW Dynamite.
The bout ultimately saw Scorpio Sky defeat Guevara to become a two-time TNT Champion.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Guevara hurt his neck, shoulders and back after taking a rough bump in the match. The spot in question is believed to be when Guevara attempted the 630 body-block near the beginning of the bout, but missed Sky. Guevara has said that he is okay, but stated that he did hurt his neck and back.
Guevara is currently slated for action at AAA TripleMania XXX on Saturday, set to team with Tay Conti to face off against Latigo & Maravilla and Octagon Jr. & Sexy Star II in a three-way tag team bout. The report noted that it’s unclear whether plans for this bout will change.
It also hasn’t been confirmed whether Guevara is expected to take any time away from the ring to recover.
AAA are still advertising Guevara and Conti for the show on Twitter:
Estarán juntos en la Lucha de Parejas Mixtas en #TripleManiaXXX
— Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (@luchalibreaaa) April 29, 2022
We will provide updates on Guevara’s status as they become available.
Stay up to date with every AEW title change using our tracker at this link.
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Complete WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament Bracket
- Kevin Owens Brings Back His Vicious Side At The Expense Of Ezekiel
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury