A new AEW feud could be on the verge of starting as one husband-and-wife duo appear to have taken issue with another.
It sounds like Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford, who have both missed extended periods of action due to injury throughout the past couple of years, feel hard done by about the rise of Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo.
Speaking during a Captain’s Corner signing on Facebook, when asked about a potential feud with Guevara and Melo, Sabian replied:
“Of course. Why wouldn’t we? Let’s get down to brass tacks here, let’s be brutally honest. They are basically doing the characters that we did prior to my injury. Let’s be serious.”
Ford agreed and said Guevara and Melo are a “carbon copy”.
Sabian then brought up that he actually beat Guevara in the first ever AEW singles match during the Double Or Nothing 2019 pre-show (the VERY first match being a Casino Battle Royale won by Adam Page).
Since returning from injury, Sabian got embroiled in a short feud with Orange Cassidy for the All-Atlantic Championship, but it now seems he and Ford have formed an alliance with The Butcher, The Blade and The Bunny.
Quote via Fightful
- Backstage Heat On Major WWE Star After Royal Rumble
- WWE Star Publicly Airs Grievances After Not Being Used For Months
- AEW Rampage Spoilers February 3, 2023
- Tony Khan Addresses Possibility Of AEW Signing Major Free Agent
- AEW Announces First Ever Live Event Series
- Cody Rhodes Reacts To Roman Reigns / Sami Zayn Segment From Royal Rumble
- Lawsuit Filed Against WWE Over ‘Horrifying’ Vince McMahon Allegations
- Title Change On AEW Dynamite
- Vince McMahon Wanted X-Rated Addition To WWE Logo
- Gunther Reaches Another Impressive WWE Milestone