An AEW star has praised the contribution of a WWE name to the company despite the pressures they had to endure in their role.
The ROH World Television Champion Samoa Joe was a guest on The Sessions with Renee Paquette and the conversation turned to long-served WWE commentator Michael Cole.
During the discussion The King of Television, said:
“I gained so much respect from Michael Cole and seeing what he actually does for the company.
“It goes far beyond the camera and seeing what he has to put up with. I realized this is a man who, like anybody else in the world, would have broken under the pressure that he’s under consistently week after week after week.
“He was a big help too. He fully believed in me and did everything he could to put me in the best position to succeed.”
Michael Cole has worked in WWE since 1997, starting as a backstage interviewer.
He would move to commentary with the birth of SmackDown in 1999 and would serve as a commentator on SmackDown and Raw over the years.
He is the Vice President of Announcing and has had that role in the WWE since 2020.
Following the resignation of Vince McMahon in July 2022, Cole commented on the “change of scenery” he was experiencing as a commentator.
Transcript from WrestlingNews.co.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed