AEW star Saraya is set to make her in-ring return for the first time in over four years at tonight’s AEW Full Gear pay-per-view.
Saraya last wrestled as Paige in WWE at a live event in December 2017, where her career was cut short after she suffered an injury in the match.
Now though, Saraya is in AEW, and is set to compete in her first match since that day against former AEW Women’s World Champion Britt Baker.
Paige spoke to Chris Van Vliet ahead of the show, where she explained the difference between her current character of Saraya, and that of Paige.
“Saraya is more mature. That’s definitely a big thing, and sober.
“First of all, she was this little emo girl, like the angsty teenager phase. I’m going into Saraya like I can’t imagine myself being that character anymore. I’d rather be a more elevated version of that character, a more grown-up version of that character.
“Because I’m not her anymore. She’s the young version of me.”
Paige left WWE due to contract expiry back in July, with WWE reportedly not offering her an extension.
She made her AEW debut back at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam in September.
transcription via WrestlingInc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee