It has been reported that AEW plans to introduce a new championship for the women’s division in the future.
On Twitter, Andrew Zarian of The Mat Men podcast reported that he’s heard ‘rumblings’ of a new secondary women’s title being unveiled in AEW soon.
Discussing AEW’s future title plans, Zarian tweeted:
“Hearing rumblings of a new title being introduced to AEW soon. It will be a secondary women’s championship. #AEW#TNT #TBS #ProWrestling“
When asked if the TBS hashtag was relevant, Zarian simply replied with a smiley-face. Earlier this year, Tony Khan hinted that a new title was coming when AEW Dynamite moves to TBS in January 2022.
The report didn’t specify whether the new title will be a singles or tag-team accolade. Britt Baker currently holds the AEW Women’s World Championship after defeating Hikaru Shida at Double or Nothing in May.
Baker defends her gold against Ruby Soho on tonight’s (September 22) highly anticipated AEW Dynamite Grand Slam card.
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown