All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and Eurosport have formed a partnership to broadcast weekly shows and pay-per-views in India.
As per lockerroom.in, Eurosport India have acquired the rights to broadcast AEW in India. Eurosport India will start airing AEW Dynamite on August 15, India’s Independence Day.
Also on August 15, the first episode of AEW Rampage will air in India. AEW Rampage is set to debut on August 13 on TNT in the US.
Eurosport will also be the home of AEW’s pay-per-view content for India, set to broadcast All Out in September.
Commenting on the partnership, AEW President Tony Khan said:
“In less then two years since launching AEW DYNAMITE, we’ve started a professional wrestling revolution. Through our partnership with Eurosport India, we’re looking forward to showcasing the best professional wrestling that fans in India demand and deserve.
“We were an instant success in the U.S, and now fans across the world are discovering AEW, feeling refreshed and excited about professional wrestling again. We can’t wait for fans in India to experience our dynamic storytelling, high-flying action and incredible roster of global stars and homegrown talent on a weekly basis.”
India has always been a key territory for WWE. The company previously reported that their January Superstar Spectacle event was watched by over 20 million people in India. Another report stated that WWE earns double the average US ratings in India.
An international deal like this one will only help the AEW brand to grow.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned