Big Swole has only wrestled three times on AEW Dynamite since All Out in September, and was not included in the women’s tournament that took place over the last month ahead of Revolution.
Speaking to the media on Sunday night, Tony Khan revealed that Big Swole, who hasn’t wrestled since January 7, has been dealing with a bout of Crohn’s disease for a few months now, which has kept her out of the ring.
Taking to Twitter, Big Swole has provided some additional information on her condition, elaborating on what Tony Khan told the media after Revolution over the weekend:
This past year has been filled with ups and a lot of downs. After my bout with pneumonia early last year, I was informed that resuming my medicine for Crohn’s would result in death given the COVID-19 circumstances. Seeing as how the biologic I was on shuts down my immune system and acts as such resuming my medicine was not an option. I was doing alright self-managing until the flare ups started in the fall. As some of you may not know Crohn’s attacks the body as a whole so on top of my intestines issues different body parts would lock up and become incapable of being at the joints. Some days I could barely walk and that took a toll on me emotionally and mentally. Living with this disease may seem like a thorn and it is but it also shows me that His grade is sufficient and no matter what happens I will smile because I am more than a conqueror. I am Swole and that mentality/faith will carry me through it all. I ask that you bare with me, I’m getting the treatments that I need and my journey to complete healing is underway. Thank you for your love and thoughtful messages, I appreciate them and you! Much love to everyone, be safe!
At this time. it is unclear when Big Swole will be able to return to the ring. Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any potential updates on the matter.
Everyone here at WrestleTalk would like to extend their best wishes to Swole, and we continue to wish her the best in her recovery.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares True Feelings About Sami Zayn
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39