An AEW star says he expanded his wings in his feud with Orange Cassidy.
Kip Sabian signed with All Elite Wrestling in 2019 and was featured in the first official singles match in company history when he defeated Sammy Guevara on the AEW Double Or Nothing 2019 Buy In pre-show.
However, Sabian missed over a year from the ring after suffering a shoulder injury in 2021. He eventually returned to the ring in 2022 and quickly targeted the AEW All Atlantic Champion PAC.
After falling short against PAC on the All Out Zero Hour, the AEW star would later feud with Orange Cassidy after he defeated PAC for the All Atlantic Title.
During a virtual signing with Captain’s Corner, Kip Sabian was asked to name his most enjoyable moment since he returned.
He responded by naming his Orange Cassidy feud and noted it felt like the first time he has been able “to expand” his wings. Kip said:
“What we created with the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy, by far. I feel like it was the first chance that I’ve actually had to fully expand my wings with wrestling.”
“I’m very high on the belief that the art form of wrestling is super important, and I try and treat it in an artistic manner, like you would treat a role in a movie.”
“I feel like there were so many little undertones that we did during that period that I was very happy with the outcome, especially when we had the final match.”
“So yeah, that was probably the thing that’s been the most rewarding since doing the new character. There’s so much more to go with it. It’s still in its infancy.”
“I have some really good ideas. You don’t want to see the notes page on my phone. It’s crazy. There’s some really good stuff in there.”
Orange Cassidy defeated Kip Sabian to retain the AEW All Atlantic Championship at Battle of the Belts V on January 6.
For the full results from the event, click here.
Transcription via Fightful
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown