According to the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), an AEW star has filed to trademark his nickname.
Max Caster of The Acclaimed has recently filed for the rights to “Platinum”. The trademark would allow Caster to use the phrase for “Entertainment services”, which would include his appearances for AEW.
The following description accompanied the USPTO filing:
Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, live appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler and sports entertainment personality; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; Providing online interviews featuring a professional wrestler, and sports entertainer in the field of professional wrestling and sports entertainment for entertainment purposes
Caster has been wrestling for AEW since June 2020. Forming an alliance with Anthony Bowens, Caster has made waves in both the singles and tag divisions.
“Platinum” Max Caster competed in the “Face of Revolution” ladder match earlier this year. The match was won be Scorpio Sky, who turned heel not long after.
Sky’s former stable, SCU, was forced to disband after Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian lost to The Young Bucks on Dynamite. After a cryptic tweet, it has been speculated that Daniels might be done with wrestling following the group’s split.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’