IMPACT Wrestling Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore has revealed that a top AEW star has questioned him about a potential dream match.
AEW Women’s Champion Dr Britt Baker D.M.D and IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo have frequently teased an inter-promotional clash. D’Amore has stated that Baker “cornered” at a recent AEW show.
Speaking on Vickie Guerrero’s Excuse Me podcast, D’Amore recalled the AEW Women’s Championship requesting a match with Purrazzo. Discussing the hurdles, D’Amore said:
“I get it tweeted out at me and everything all the time… All I can say is, from our perspective — look, I got cornered by Britt Baker down in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and she’s like, ‘When do I get Deonna?’
“I said, “Hey, Britt oh, come on. We’ve always said we have an open-door policy and we’re open to doing it. you know the deal in wrestling sometimes there’s a lot of hurdles to jump through but I think the relationship with AEW has been fantastic.”
At Slammiversary on Saturday, Purrazzo defends her Knockouts Title against a mystery opponent. It has been reported that Purrazzo’s opponent will not be a woman on the IMPACT roster.
Quote via Fightful.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE