IMPACT Wrestling Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore has revealed that a top AEW star has questioned him about a potential dream match.
AEW Women’s Champion Dr Britt Baker D.M.D and IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo have frequently teased an inter-promotional clash. D’Amore has stated that Baker “cornered” at a recent AEW show.
Speaking on Vickie Guerrero’s Excuse Me podcast, D’Amore recalled the AEW Women’s Championship requesting a match with Purrazzo. Discussing the hurdles, D’Amore said:
“I get it tweeted out at me and everything all the time… All I can say is, from our perspective — look, I got cornered by Britt Baker down in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and she’s like, ‘When do I get Deonna?’
“I said, “Hey, Britt oh, come on. We’ve always said we have an open-door policy and we’re open to doing it. you know the deal in wrestling sometimes there’s a lot of hurdles to jump through but I think the relationship with AEW has been fantastic.”
At Slammiversary on Saturday, Purrazzo defends her Knockouts Title against a mystery opponent. It has been reported that Purrazzo’s opponent will not be a woman on the IMPACT roster.
Quote via Fightful.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut