MJF made his AEW return at the end of the AEW All Out pay-per-view back in September.
MJF’s return came after months of him being off TV following the incident with him and AEW back at the Double or Nothing event.
MJF’s return came with Tony Khan offering him a new contract with AEW, which included a pay rise, but not an extension.
MJF’s contract rather publicly expires in 2024, with him making numerous teases and references to potentially joining WWE at the end of his deal.
One person who is not worried about MJF leaving AEW is Matt Hardy.
Hardy spoke on his Extreme Life of Matt Hardy podcast ahead of Full Gear, where he said that he believes that MJF will be the face of AEW for a long time.
“It’s very interesting, especially where the pay per view is located in Newark, not too far from his home base.
“He’s been doing great work. He is an extremely talented young man and he is a guy that is going to be the future of AEW for a long time.
“Even as much as he jokes around, ‘My contract is coming up and they want me up north brother’, I think he’s going to be the face of AEW for a very long time.”
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Here Is Who Produced Incredible SmackDown World Cup Final
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- Top WWE Star Misses Working With Kenny Omega