All Elite Wrestling has many talented workers on their roster. That much is no secret. However, AEW star Wardlow has now gone into detail about the psychology of AEW stars MJF and Hangman Page.
Appearing on Busted Open Radio, Wardlow was asked about how AEW matches are put together regarding spots and psychology. Here is his response, courtesy of Fightful:
“Depends on who you’re working with. I haven’t had a great amount of matches, but the ones I have been involved with, there have been some individuals where it’s like, ‘we have this spot, this spot, and this spot.’ Then some I’ve worked with really take their time and ponder and think about things and how it makes sense. [Hangman] Page was one that I was really impressed by. The way he dissected things and wanted everything to make sense and click. I really appreciated that.
That’s one thing about Max [MJF], he’s big on psychology and storytelling. I’ve witnessed Max come into situations where people are talking about hitting spot after spot after spot and he comes in and is like, ‘Guys, that makes no sense.’ He gets it and that’s why he so successful at such a young age. I do appreciate when Max comes in and is like ‘let’s tell a story and make this make sense.'”
Wardlow and Hangman Page wrestled a singles match in the first round of the AEW World Title Eliminator tournament. Page was able to get the win before losing to Kenny Omega in the final.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud