An All Elite Wrestling (AEW) star has revealed that his big upcoming match is actually his first since he suffered an injury.
Scorpio Sky hasn’t wrestled since January 7 but has been confirmed as one of the participants in the ‘Face of the Revolution’ ladder match at Revolution on March 7.
Speaking on Wrestling With The Week, Sky disclosed that the reason for his recent absence was a torn meniscus, saying:
“First match back coming off a torn meniscus. I like to dive into the deep water and see if I can swim without getting wet. People like to think of things today as a TV business and the TV matches are most important. As an old school guy, pay-per-view is where it’s at and I’m excited to be back on pay-per-view in a marquee match. It’s a huge opportunity. You can’t turn down a match like this. If I had to cut my leg off and crawl into the ring, I would do it. Anytime you’re attached to the name Cody Rhodes, it’s big.”
The other confirmed participants in the match so far are Cody Rhodes and Penta El Zero Miedo, and there will be six men in total.
The fourth will be decided tonight in the match between Lance Archer and Rey Fenix, while Tony Khan has suggested the last competitor might not be revealed until the show itself.
Quote via Fightful
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus