It is perhaps unsurprising to hear that someone was injured during last night’s brutal AEW Blood & Guts match, with the unfortunate someone on this occasion being Santana.
When it was Santana’s turn to enter the match, he immediately attacked Daniel Garcia, but the attack didn’t last long, as Santana landed awkwardly and immediately fell to the ground in obvious pain.
He was unable to compete for the rest of the match, and spent the majority of the fight lying at the side of the cage speaking to officials.
As the match entered its final phases, he was helped out of the ring and up the ramp. While we can safely assume it’s a leg injury, we don’t yet know how serious any damage might be.
Despite his injury, Santana’s teammates, Eddie Kingston, Claudio Castagnoli, Ortiz, Wheeler Yuta, and Jon Moxley managed to emerge victorious, with Castagnoli forcing Matt Menard to submit with a sharpshooter.
If we hear anything more about the severity of Santana’s injury, we will of course let you know as soon as possible.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers