A current top AEW star may be set to leave the company this fall, if speculation it to be believed.
Santana and Ortiz signed with the company back at the All Out pay-per-view in 2019, and have been a mainstay in the tag team division since that day, at least up until recently.
Back in April, Santana tweeted out ‘126 days’, which led to September 1, which would be around the time that his AEW contract would expire. He also tweeted out ‘soon.’ this past Monday.
On the Fightful post-show review of Blood and Guts (around 56 minute mark), Sean Ross Sapp addressed speculation that there may be ongoing issues between Santana and Ortiz, noting that the pair don’t stand side by side in promos anymore, and barely interact on screen. They also haven’t taken part in a tag team match together since February.
It is important to note that this is simply speculation, and that none of this is actually being reported for a fact, but people have started the rumors based on these kinds of signs.
Santana suffered an injury during the Blood & Guts match, which is why he was not present at the end of the match. You can see a full list of all currently injured AEW stars here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?