It’s being reported that AEW star and Team Taz member Ricky Starks will be out of action for several month due to a neck injury.
As reported by Voices of Wrestling, Starks has been diagnosed with a fractured neck and is set to be out of action for three months.
Fightful has followed up by confirming it’s a “slight fracture” and he won’t require surgery.
He’s expected to remain on TV in some capacity while he recovers, but he won’t be competing in the ring for a little while.
It’s not been confirmed that the injury is related, but you’ll probably remember Starks landed on his neck while taking a German suplex from Adam Page on the April 21 episode of Dynamite.
It seemed AEW was heading towards a Christian Cage vs Ricky Starks match after Cage had beaten Powerhouse Hobbs, so the timing of this is definitely unfortunate.
We wish Starks a safe recovery and all the best.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings