Former AEW Women’s World Champion Hikaru Shida was pulled from the Women’s Owen Hart Foundation tournament on tonight’s episode of Rampage, with Kris Statlander taking her place against Red Velvet on next Friday’s (May 20) episode.
Shida was announced as suffering an injury during her Philadelphia Street Fight with Serena Deeb on April 27. However, Shida has been wrestling matches for various Japanese promotions this past week, including one match for over an hour and a half.
Shida took to Twitter following tonight’s show to react to the announcement of her injury, where she seemed to imply that she was not pulled due to injury.
Well…. I already had 4 matches after the street fight and just finished the greatest fighting musical show. But I seem to have been injured… Japanese wrestling is nothing for them. I’m so sorry. And sorry couldn’t be in the tournament too.
Shida seems to be implying that, given she has been wrestling in Japan all week, that she is not injured at all, and that AEW didn’t tell Shida she was being pulled due to a storyline injury.
The real reasons for Shida’s removal from the tournament remain unclear.
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39