Several AEW stars are reportedly now ‘open’ to joining WWE with Triple H in charge.
Following Vince McMahon’s retirement, Triple H has taken over WWE creative. The backstage name assumed these creative responsibilities in addition to his EVP of Talent Relations role.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, some AEW names have told him that they’d be open to the idea of a WWE run under Triple H’s regime.
Theorizing that the Blackpool Combat Club likely wouldn’t exist if Triple H took over WWE creative and talent relations a few months ago, Meltzer said:
“If this would have happened two months ago, Regal probably doesn’t go to AEW and there’s no Blackpool Combat Club, most likely. I would think that Regal would be one of the first guys (Levesque) would ask to come back. But now Regal’s got a contract for however long.
“A lot of guys – yes, they were on good terms with Paul Levesque, but a lot of guys are on really good terms with Tony Khan too. So I don’t know that everyone’s gonna run back (to WWE), but it does change the dynamic a lot.
“There’s guys that, I know of guys, I’ve heard from guys, who would be guys who really didn’t want to go to WWE because of the feeling they would never be used right, who are open to the idea. It’s not like they want to leave AEW either, but they’re open to the idea, and kinda hoping that the situation allows them to make a lot of money, and it will for top people.
If you use this transcription or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Triple H has received a lot of praise from fans for the July 30 SummerSlam show, which was the first WWE premium live event since Vince McMahon’s retirement.
WWE has now reportedly removed references to McMahon from backstage, which you can read more about right here.
For everything we currently know about Vince McMahon retiring, click here. You can find further updates and follow-ups on Vince McMahon at this link.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- WWE Faction To Add New Members Soon?
- WWE Stars Announce Engagement (Photos)
- WWE Star Addresses Wrestling Future & Potential Retirement Plans
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened