Two AEW stars have been ‘suspended’ by the company following last night’s (December 10) ROH Final Battle event.
On the show, current AEW star and former ROH World Champion Rush teamed alongside Dralistico to face AR Fox and Blake Christian.
Controversy surrounded the finish of the match, as Fox nailed Dralistico with a 450 Splash to score the win, but Dralistico had seemingly kicked out of the move.
The finish confused a lot of fans, as well as Rush and Dralistico themselves.
Rush and Dralistico attacked their opponents after the match, with Rush even assaulting the match’s referee.
Following the show, Jose the Assistant took to Twitter to reveal that he and Rush have been suspended for a week by AEW following the attack – so this does just seem to be a storyline suspension based on what happened during the show, not a real-life suspension.
He also stated that Preston Vance, the newest member of La Faccion Ingobernable, has not been suspended despite being at ringside, due to not being ‘too involved’ in the attack.
RUSH “assaulted” a Referee
We got fined $$ for using chairs
We’ve been SUSPENDED for a week by #AEW
Preston didn’t get too involved and isn’t suspended.
You can’t fool the fans, they know the match ending was BULLSHIT.#ROHFinalBattle #LaFaccionIngobernable pic.twitter.com/8gcCauiELd
— JoseTheAssistant (@JoseAssistant) December 11, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?