A pair of top AEW stars have abandoned their recent trademark filing.
Since the events following AEW All Out 2022, Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks have not been seen on AEW TV in person. In recent weeks, the return of the trio has been teased with a series of vignettes.
As previously reported, The Young Bucks filed for the trademark of “The Wayward Sons” on November 4.
Just more than a week after, it has been revealed that The Young Bucks’ Killing The Business Inc. abandoned the trademark on Monday, November 14.
It is still unknown what the intent for the trademark was or why they decided to drop it.
The initial filing of the trademark was for specific merchandise and the general use a wrestler would want to have if using a term for a character or moniker.
The filing reads:
“Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer,” etc.
The only possible connection for “The Wayward Sons” trademark was for The Young Bucks saying on an April 2021 BTE episode that they wanted to come out to Kansas “Carry On Wayward Sons” for the House Always Wins house show. It was noted that this was a bit of a reach though.
As previously reported, it is expected The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega of The Elite will be returning to All Elite Wrestling for the Full Gear event despite being off TV since All Out.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- ‘A Lot’ Of AEW Talent Questioning Tony Khan’s Booking
- Real Reason Roman Reigns & Kevin Owens May Still Have Backstage Heat
- Update On ‘Talks Behind-The-Scenes’ Of The Rock Returning At WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Update On CM Punk AEW Contract & Release Status
- Scrapped Plans On Other Ways To Write William Regal Off AEW TV
- Injured WWE Star Cleared For Return
- Likely Reason William Regal Is Already Returning To WWE
- Rumor Killer On WWE Name Leaving The Company
- Huge Update On CM Punk’s Status For AEW Video Game ‘Fight Forever’
- Video: Current NXT Star Goes Off On Tryout Athletes For Lack Of Energy