A couple of All Elite Wrestling (AEW) stars have said that they believe they were “at risk of being cut” due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaking with the Ottawa Sun, Dark Order members and tag team partners Evil Uno & Stu Grayson said they could have been let go during the period that they were unable to travel to shows.
“We travel every two weeks (to Florida) and quarantine in between. We don’t leave our houses; that’s a stress. There was a time where it was very uncertain for both of us because we couldn’t make it to work for several months, so we were at risk of being cut. We didn’t know the scope of what COVID would be like. We also didn’t know what kind of financial hit AEW was going to take. It was stressful at first, but now it feels like the norm. We have deep roots in this area, we helped build up this whole wrestling scene over the past 15 years. We’re still within the decision phase.”
Uno and Grayson were the #5 ranked tag team as of last week’s official AEW rankings, with a tag team record of 14-2 in 2020.
They were brought into AEW as a tag team and the Dark Order was originally just those two, but it’s since grown into a large faction led by former TNT Champion Brodie Lee.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours