The AEW SVP has discussed investing in game franchise if AEW Fight Forever does well.
On June 29, AEW Fight Forever will be released, marking All Elite Wrestling’s first venture into the world of console gaming.
As previously reported, Fightful Select noted the original plan for the upcoming video game to be a one-off release with constant updates and DLC as opposed to a repeat yearly release.
Speaking with SEScoops, AEW’s senior vice president of business development, partnerships and video games Nik Sobic admitted that if AEW Fight Forever does well, they could further invest in the franchise. He said:
“I’ve worked at AEW and known Tony Khan for the last 10 years. I can pretty much tell you he is one of the most generous people I’ve ever met.”
“I can tell you if this video game does well, we’re going to take those dollars and put that into an AEW video game franchise. Fans speak with their wallets.”
All Elite Wrestling released the character spotlight for CM Punk earlier this week, which you can see here.
AEW Fight Forever will release on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and PC on Thursday, June 29. Those who pre-order the Elite Edition can play on Wednesday, June 28.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed