AEW star Swerve Strickland took to Twitter last night to mock WWE star Seth Rollins’ outfit on last night’s episode of WWE Raw.
If you watched Raw last night, you’ll have seen Rollins interrupt a reunion segment between Orton and Cody Rhodes to accused Cody of stealing Orton’s spotlight. Cody and Seth go one-on-one in a WrestleMania rematch at WrestleMania Backlash on May 8.
It appears Swerve Strickland was watching all of this, but he wasn’t paying attention to what was happening in the ring, because he was too distracted by what Seth Rollins was wearing.
Taking to Twitter, Swerve compared Rollins to spearmint gum.
Seth Rollins looking like Spearmint Gum
— The Realest Swerve Strickland (@swerveconfident) April 26, 2022
Of course the replies were full of people asking him why he was watching Raw. I imagine the answer is something along the lines of “because he wants to watch it”.
In a recent appearance on the Getting Over: Wrestling Podcast, Strickland discussed Cody Rhodes’ exit from AEW. He said:
“With the Cody Rhodes situation, with him leaving as well, we’re not sure where that’s going to go. But him leaving, that opened up a spot with all those business acquisitions that he had, like I don’t know if they are doing a lot of those anymore or they’re seeing those out till they’re finally finished. But that left a window. So I’m like, that gave me an opportunity for me to fill that void with all these crazy other business ventures and all that.”
Swerve was one of many stars released by WWE in 2021. For a full list of releases, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule