An update has emerged surrounding the backstage reaction to the announcement of a new AEW signing on this week’s edition of Dynamite.
Following Friday’s episode of Rampage, Tony Khan stated that a surprise name will make their AEW debut on Dynamite, welcoming them to slam the forbidden door shut on their previous promotion.
Fightful Select (subscription required) recently spoke to a number of talents, none of which had been told who the surprise name is. Talent is reportedly unanimously speculating that Keith Lee will make his AEW debut on Wednesday. It was stated that the names spoken to didn’t give any particular indication that a Lee debut is confirmed.
The report also noted that at least one name was confused by Khan’s description of the free agent as a ‘forbidden door’ talent, as it gave the assumption that the new signee will be someone who was recently active in another promotion.
Fightful states that it was firmly noted to them that Jeff Hardy is definitely not the surprise, following recent teases from AEW stars. It was pointed out that Jeff’s non-compete clause expires in March, following his WWE release in December.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance