AEW star Maria Kanellis announced today (February 3) that she has undergone thyroid surgery.
Maria arrived in AEW last year alongside husband Mike Bennett and Matt Taven as a member of the Kingdom.
Taking to Instagram, she said:
“Today I am getting thyroid surgery to remove half my thyroid which includes a nodule. I’ve been have symptoms for the past 2 and a half years. Heart racing, trouble with weight loss, skin changes, exhaustion, mood changes, sore throat, anxiety, period changes, raspy voice, trouble swallowing, brain fog, calcium deficiency, amongst others. But, with having 2 kids, the Pandemic, and multiple times being fired I just didn’t have the time to really focus on it. Now, my doctor has told me that there are abnormal cells which could turn cancerous and a possibility of causing afib, which is a heart condition. So, with the full support of @aew, it’s time. Thank you to @tonyrkhan, Megha, and CD for the support!! And of course thank you to my wonderful husband @therealmichaelbennett and my amazing mother for helping us through this time!! Recovery is supposed to be about 2 weeks for the incision and about a year for the hormones to balance. I can work after 2 weeks with no restrictions. I will keep you all posted…Here is a photo pre-thyroid surgery scar. Hahaha…”
We wish Maria a full and complete recovery from surgery.
View this post on Instagram
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?